How to Make Rava IdliMarch 9, 2021
Quick Rava Upma Recipe
Upma is a South Indian breakfast dish that does not take more than 15-20 minutes to make. With a little bit of preparation like, light cutting vegetables, you can make a healthy upma for breakfast in 15-20 minutes. We have a variety of upma recipes here from sooji upma (rava upma), vegetable rava upma, bread upma, idli upma and much more. Try this recipe at home and I am sure you will love this variety for your breakfast.
How to make Aloo Paratha (Step by Step):
Cuisine: South Indian
Prep Time: 05 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Rava
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 slit green chillies
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 cups of hot water
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Salt to taste
- To make upma, heat the rava in a kadhai and dry roast on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai than add some mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves & green chilies and fried quickly on a medium flame.
- Add the finely chopped onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the roasted rava, 3 cups of hot water and salt and mix well and cover with a lid & cook on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve the upma immediately garnished with coriander.